السلام علیکم و رحمة الله و بركاته
22nd, July, 2022
I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones well as we come to the end of a challenging year. Teachers and leaders have worked hard to provide a learning environment that enables the students to make progress academically and spiritually.
I thank all parents for their help and support throughout the year and we hope next year will bring greater blessings for the students and the Institution.
This coming academic year we are making a commitment to prioritising the reading journey of every child at Hafs. We will be introducing our ‘Drop Everything and Read’ (DEAR) campaign starting in the Autumn term of 2022-23 academic year. Research shows that if you read for twenty minutes a day, you pick up 1.8 million words per year, which is equivalent to sixty extra school days per year. As well as having an academic advantage, reading is also known for reducing stress, developing empathy, and deepening our understanding of literature and the world around us. We would appreciate your support over the summer in encouraging your child to read for thirty minutes every day, which will make them ready to fall in love with reading at Hafs in September.
- The last day of term will be Friday 22th July 2022 (School Day ends at 12pm)
- The academic year 2022-23 begins on: Wednesday 7th September 2022
- School day 7:30am – 3pm (3pm to 4pm Extra Curricular Activities)
- Smart Phones are not allowed in school unless parents communicate directly with us that their child is in need of it.
- Uniform: No Hoodies are allowed to be worn in the school, a White thawb, with a plain black jumper and a White hat. If your child does not have the correct uniform he will be told to go home and come back to school with the correct uniform.
- Packed Lunch Only. Please bring a healthy lunch, no sweets or sugary drinks
Finally, thank you again for your support in an incredibly eventful year; I am truly looking forward to next year Insha’Allah. Have a great summer.
وَعَلَيْكُمُ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ